Monday 10 October 2011

Black History Month story telling

Last week we had a special visitor from Kenya. Her name was Mara Menzies and she visited as part of Black history month to tell us some stories from her own culture.
It was a very dramatic presentation and she involved everyone in her stories. She had bright, colourful costumes for everyone to wear and she showed us the different ways to put them on.
She selected people from the audience to act out parts in her stories and even had one pupil 'flying' on her back!
You can see from the slideshow below how much we all enjoyed her presentation. 
She brought some things to show us too. Some were made out of dried gourds and there was jewellery with intricate and colourful beadwork.
It has given us some ideas for story telling next term when we look at Scottish and Orcadian folk tales! I wonder if we can present a story as entertaining as hers!


8 comments:

  1. i leaked black history month from Ross.m

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked black history story month but i hope my foot grows back jay foubister [class5]

    ReplyDelete
  3. black histre month is fun ross.m p5

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would love to view the slide show but all I have on my computer is a white box.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry! I think that was my fault for missing a setting on the website. Hope you can see it now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed the slide show. What colourful material and costumes. You all look as if you enjoyed the story telling and the dressing up. Caroline (Louise's mum)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i enjoyed black history month and i hope we get someone as exciting as that again.kally (p5)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked it and I hope we have another one (Louise)

    ReplyDelete