Thursday 3 May 2012

Mindful Awareness

This term we are working on becoming more mindfully aware. We are learning how different parts of our brains control how we think and act. We can train our brains to react positively and focus better by using different techniques. So far we are learning to control our breathing and use our senses to be aware of what is around us. 
To make sure that we keep our classroom a happy and optimistic place to learn we made a chart of mindful behaviour reminders to put on the wall.
These are the points that we think are important:

Mindful Awareness

I think before I act or speak.

I try to keep calm in difficult situations.

I try to focus when I listen.

I pay attention to what is around me.

I try to keep happy and positive.

I try to consider others.

I try to be prepared.

3 comments:

  1. Is it just me or does everyone just have rows of empty boxes? Caroline (Louise's mum) Can't comment, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry folks. I used a school font that obviously doesn't work unless you have it installed. I hope you can see it now. Thank you for letting me know Caroline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that I can read the points, I think they are well thought out and good things to take into consideration when working as a class and together.Caroline (Louise's mum)

    ReplyDelete